Monday, January 10, 2011

1/10/11 31 Day Challenge- Featured Artist...Jennifer McGuire(jennifermcguireink)

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to Day 10,(Wow! already!), of My Pay it Forward 31 Day Featured Artist Series. Today's featured Artist is ....Jennifer McGuire.

Wow! Where do I begin in telling you all about Jennifer. I have watched her for many years. She is a designer for Hero Arts, a former Garden Girl over at www.twopeasinabucket.com, a very gifted, thoughtful and creative artist.

Jennifer taught me so many things. All about Distress inks for one. How to use them in different ways, how to make great background effects with simple supplies. OH! and all about organization! You have to check out her Stamp room....oh my goodness....it is fabulous! Jennifer is the first to admit, this is her job, but the room is organized so well, and she gave me so many ideas for my own little studio.

Whenever I would see Jennifer use a stamp or a product or ink color, I had to have it. She is such an enabler. My husband wants to talk to you too Jennifer! But truly, I gained so much creativity with so many things in my stamping, all because of her. Some of Jennifer's favorite things are, liquid pearls as paint, as embellishment, you name it. That is definately a video to or two to check out.

Jennifer also hosts card drives for sick children, and sends the cards to the families and the kids. Sharing a little love and hope, so awesome.

She is a true artist, from scrapbooking layouts that will make you envious, to very cheerful cards with easy techniques, to all the enabling, she is someone to check out. She was so gracious a few years ago, when I hosted a crop to support a Susan G Komen walk a thon team, she sent prizes and communicated with me, when a lot of other Rock Stars would'nt. She has a beautiful family, an adorable little boy named Colin, who is sometimes stealing the spotlight of her videos.

Thank you so much Jennifer! You gave me confidence to create in a hobby I truly love , and taught me so much.

You can find Jennifer here on her website: http://jennifermcguireink.com/

Here on Two Peas: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/projects/designer-projects/_jennifer%20mcguire_/


and here on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/jennifermcguireink

Below is a video of me fumbling through my favorite technique that I learned from Jennifer.



Hugs,


1 comment:

  1. So enjoying all your tributes, links and ideas from all your artists!

    ReplyDelete