Thursday, January 27, 2011

1/26/11 31 Day Challenge Featured Artist Series Beatriz (Iralamija)

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to day 26 of my featured artist series. Today's featured artist is... Beatriz (Iralamija)

This challenge to pay it forward to others has been really good for me. It has stretched me to think of who has inspired my art and taught me a lot. With so many different styles, and my tastes changing and developing over the years, it has also reintroduced me to a lot of special, talented artists.

One such artist is Beatriz Jennings, known to most of you as iralamija. I have been a follower of her blog for several years. I have watched as Bety launched her etsy store, became published in several publications, and as her shabby chic style has influenced and inspired many.

Bety is extremely talented. She takes vintage images, and transforms them into beautiful cards. She has a very vintage shabby chic aesthetic, and has in my mind become the master card maker of this style.

Her blog posts show how creative she is, but also how warm and caring she is. She shares with her followers her creations so readily, and has been inspiring me for several years.

I do not see that Bety has a YouTube channel, but you can find her on her blog and etsy shop using the links below:

Blog: http://iralamija.blogspot.com
Etsy:http://www.etsy.com/people/iralamijashop


Be sure to check her out.
In this video I am showing some cards that I made following Bety's inspiration:





Thank you Bety for all your inspiration! I love your work, as you can see I made the cards in the video in April of 2009.

Hugs,

1 comment: