Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

Hello Friends!
 Happy New Year to you and yours! I am sure looking forward to a creative, and inspiring year! 2013 brought a lot of changes for me, professionally, and personally. Most occurred for me in November and December. I am hopeful to build upon the changes, and have a great year.

 This year, I was fortunate to participate in the 2013 New Years Eve Stream-a-thon. This is a fantastic event, organized by Jenn, Ozegran, where all of the crafty gals provide 24 hours worth of Ustream shows, ringing in the New Year, starting in Australia, and following the New Year celebrations across the globe. It as really well organized, and I made it through watching all of the shows, and mine was at 2am EST on 1/1/14

 I did a small project, a little 6 pocket wallet inspired by my favorite YouTuber papercrafter45. Here is the video recording of my show.... You can find the pdf on the Facebook site for the NYE Streamathon.



 While I was watching the streams all day, I worked on a few projects. I have been participating in a card swap with the Maryland girls for the past year. I want to fit it in this year as well. It will be tough with my travel schedule, but I want to try.
 I was staring at the Tim Holtz Picture Wheel die, trying to come up with a card with Movement, which is January's theme. I saw a Ferris Wheel. So, I made one.
 Now I have visions of an entire amusement park in my head...lol.
 I made a YouTube video about the Ferris wheel....


Sorry about the volume.... I thought it was a neat idea. I love the use of dies in different ways. There is something to the amusement park idea...I may have to work on a few pieces of that, since my return to San Francisco has been delayed until Monday due to weather!!! Score!!! I am happy to have a few days extra at home to get my life back together.


 Also, for Christmas, Keith had asked me for a fancy blender. I picked out the Ninja blender system. Wow, it is really cool! We have been living on smoothies ever since, and I am happy to report we are feeling better each day. Our fruit intake was minimal, and now it is over the top.

 So that leads me to a "resolution". I am going to try and become more healthy. I think the blender is a step in the right direction. I also saw the movie out a few years ago, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead.

 It is really interesting. Makes you think, and I may even try a juice fast. I think it is worth watching. Check it out on NetFlix. Here is the trailer:
I wish you all a happy and healthy and creative 2014!!!
 Hugs,
 

1 comment:

  1. I watched your video from the streamathon and thought you said there was a PDF on your blog for this project but I can't find it..pls help...love the. Project!

    ReplyDelete