Thursday, January 2, 2014

January 2014 Card Swap Submission..Theme: Movement

Hello Friends!

 I managed to get a few extra days at home before returning to San Francisco for work, so I thought I would tackle the swap cards for the month of January, prior to leaving.

 I have participated in a card swap with a group of friends from Maryland for the past year or so.  We are given a series of themes at the beginning of the year, along with due dates. One of my resolutions for the year is to be ahead of schedule, and participate! So far, so good.

 January 2014's theme is Movement. Create a card with movement, such as a pop up, waterfall, pocket, etc. I had many ideas, but decided to dive back into my Stampin Up! bag of tricks, and review a few of my favorite SU! demos on YouTube for some reminders.

 I have followed Dawn5377 for many years, and she never fails to come up with cute ideas. She makes me want to be a demo again. If I only had the time and money! Thank you Dawn for the easy tutorial.

 I believe she calls this the Surprise Pop Up Slider Card. She has a very good tutorial on her YouTube channel.

I started off by using 3 of my favorite older Stampin Up! sets: Background is created by collage stamping with Natural Beauty in Chocolate Chip ink on Ivory cardstock. The main image is from: Measure of Life, also stamped in Chocolate Chip ink. I went over the main image with my Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Pen to add highlights. Card base is made from Papertrey Ink's Hot Fudge Cardsock. The quote is from Measure of Life, and the sentiment is from Sincere Salutations.

 I had a lot of fun re-visiting my Stampin Up! stash. Some quick cuts and folds and here is the result
. I made a YouTube video about the cards:




Thank you for watching! Please leave me a comment, and share!

Hugs,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment